Fundraising for SCHF
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (SCHF). We are delighted to have you join the team. Your support will help change the lives of sick and injured children.
When you register your fundraiser and accept the terms and conditions below, we will issue you with an official authorisation to fundraise on behalf of SCHF (which will expire on one month after your event). You will then be authorised to organise a fundraising activity on behalf of SCHF and communicate to the public that proceeds from your activity will be donated to us.
To help make sure that you are fundraising legally, please read and follow the conditions below, as well as follow the NSW Department of Fair Trading Conditions for Charitable Fundraising Authorities.
In fundraising for SCHF, you are agreeing to:
- Gain approval and sign off for any correspondence, advertising, publicity or literature for the event, copy or design that mentions Bear Cottage, NETS, Kids Research, Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead or Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, before progressing to print, broadcast, or production.
- Direct all media enquiries to your contact at Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation.
- Not use the name or logo of Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation in a way which could damage our reputation.
- Send all funds you raise to SCHF in a timely manner so we can start putting them to good use. You can send these in the form of a cheque or cash, or you can deposit directly into our account. This needs to be accompanied by all the relevant paperwork relating to your fundraising.
- Make cheques payable to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation and send to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, Locked Bag 9002, Westmead NSW 2145 or direct deposit to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation BSB: 062 000, Account number: 1385 5733, using your authority number as the reference.
- Minimise expenses, to make sure as much money as possible can be used to help sick and injured children. By law, you must not exceed expenses of 50% of gross income from the activity and you should aim to fall well within this limit.
- Not use any funds from auctions, raffles or donations to offset the costs of the event. You may use funds from ticket sales and sponsorship agreements to cover costs.
- Please note: any donations to your fundraising over $2 are tax deductible. Auction items, sponsorship, tickets to events, raffle tickets or any instances where the donor receives something in return are NOT tax deductible and a receipt will not be issued
- Understand that SCHF will not pay invoices relating to expenses resulting from your activity, but our team is happy to discuss and advise you of the management of such expenses.
- Be responsible for obtaining public liability insurance for your event. SCHF does not carry liability insurance on behalf of our fundraisers.
Events at SCHF
1) Quality Assurance
A) I confirm the information provided in the prize form is true and accurate.
B) I agree to donate the prize outlined in the description section of the prize form.
C) I confirm where relevant, my prize is in good condition, not damaged or worn, and of the value indicated.
2) Physical/Digital Vouchers and Physical Prizes
A) Please note Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation cannot store and forward physical prizes and vouchers. The prize donor will be required to send the physical prize/voucher directly to the prize winner or make it available for collection once the auction has concluded.
B) I agree to provide a digital voucher if applicable, otherwise Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation will share the contact details you’ve provided to us directly with the prize winner once the auction has concluded for them to reach out and claim their prize.
3) Prize Information
A) If this prize is not sold at the event specified, the prize will be used for other fundraising activities within Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation. If you would like further details on SCHF’s fundraising activities or would like to request for it not to be re-used please email email@example.com.
B) I am aware my prize donated may be placed or packaged with other prizes sold at the event.
C) I understand that I have provided my ‘Recommended Prize Title Name’ and ‘Recommended Staring Price’ however Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation employees and/or Event Committees have authority to change or adjust these fields to maximise fundraising results.
D) I acknowledge that Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation employees and/or Event Committees will carefully consider and determine how to use the prize at the event to maximise fundraising results (e.g., whether the prize is placed in live or silent auction, raffle, etc.)
E) If my prize is accommodation and/or travel related - I agree to extend terms and conditions to a 3-year period from date of issue and/or agree to extend voucher to accommodate any mandated COVID-19 lockdown periods.
4) Applicable Fees
A) If donating a jersey e.g., sports, I agree to incur the fees of framing (if required) and consequent delivery to the winner.
B) I agree to arrange and cover prize delivery costs to venue/Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation office/prize winner if/where applicable.
5) Goods in Kind
A) *To obtain a goods in kind receipt, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of value via an invoice totalling $0.00 for the donated goods. If your donation is a service, you will receive an acknowledgment letter.
B) *I understand I will not receive a goods in kind receipt if I have not submitted proof of value via an invoice to email@example.com.
* In accordance with the Australian Tax Office requirement SCHF is not authorised to value your gift or provide tax deduction advice. For further information on gift valuation and tax deduction visit www.ATO.gov.au or consult your Tax Accountant.