Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation - COVID Safe Gala Event Guidelines
Since our inception, we have implemented safe operational protocols ensuring health and safety is a priority when hosting events. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our dedication to your health and wellbeing hasn’t changed.
As part of our ongoing commitment to protecting you, we have introduced a range of enhanced measures across our events to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests, patients, volunteers and staff. These include:
- Entry requirements: All guests will be required to complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) on the day of the event.
- COVID Safe check-in: All guests will be asked to follow venue entry requirements. This may include check-in via the Service NSW app or QR code on arrival.
- Elevated hygiene measures: These include enhanced cleaning programs, disinfection of all high-touch areas and ample access to hand sanitiser, wipes and face masks throughout the night.
- Face masks: All guests are encouraged to wear a face mask when they cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
- Limited capacity: In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests we have introduced capacity limits.
These are unprecedented times for communities around the world, and as a children’s health charity, it is important that every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our community. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you back to our events soon.
All policies are aligned with - and informed by - public health authorities, medical and industry experts.
Do I have to be fully vaccinated to attend an event?
All guests regardless of vaccination status will be able to attend a Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation event in line with the latest NSW Public Health Advice.
Do I have to check-in on arrival?
All guests will be required to check in using the Service NSW app on arrival.
What happens if I am feeling unwell on the day of the event?
The health and safety of our community is our priority. It’s really important you don’t attend an event if you:
- are feeling unwell
- are considered a close contact
- have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case in the past seven days
- are waiting on COVID test results.
If you cannot attend the event, please contact email@example.com to discuss your options.
Do I have to do a rapid antigen test?
Yes, all guests must complete a rapid antigen test on the day of the event and get a negative result before attending the event.
What if I return a positive result?
If you test positive to COVID-19, you must NOT attend the event.
Register your positive test on the Service NSW website so you can be linked to important health care support and advice based on your COVID-19 risk. If you or someone in your family can’t register online, please call Service NSW on 13 77 88.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ticketing options.
What if I return a negative result?
If you test negative to COVID-19 and you don’t have any signs or symptoms, you may attend the event. You are not required to register your negative test with SCHF.
Does Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation supply rapid antigen tests?
No, Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation does not supply rapid antigen tests, but you can purchase the tests from many pharmacies and major supermarket chains around Australia.
What happens if there is a COVID-19 case at the event?
If there is a COVID-19 case at the event you will be notified by NSW Health via the Service NSW app.
Are there restrictions on the number of people allowed at each event?
Yes, we are closely monitoring COVID Safe capacities and have introduced capacity limits to ensure plenty of room for social distancing.
Do I have to wear a face mask?
All guests are encouraged to wear a face mask when they cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
To find out more visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules/face-mask-rules