Thank you for lighting up dark times for sick kids1 July 2021
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation’s inaugural Sydney Sick Kids Appeal raises over $6 million for sick and injured kids across our network of care.
Our inaugural Sydney Sick Kids Appeal was nothing short of magical, thanks to you! In just six short weeks, we’ve raised over $6 million for staff, sick kids and their families across Sydney’s world-leading paediatric hospitals and services.
Despite Sydney hitting pause once again to help stop the spread of COVID-19, our generous supporters still dug deep to help light up dark times for sick kids. Our first-ever Sydney Sick Kids Day on Thursday 24 June, saw an outpouring of support that can only be described as wonderful.
The day was kicked off to an epic start when our 7News ambassador, Mark Ferguson, joined Sunrise and the Morning Show on the couch to ask viewers for their help. And what followed will forever go down in the SCHF history books…
- Over 150 donations received at our call centre
- 500 fun-filled activity packs delivered to sick kids and sibling on the wards
- 1,000 packs of goodies gifted to front-line workers
- 9 online shout-outs and messages of support
- $80,000 donated in dollar matching funds by BioIsland and Pherrus
- And two beautiful patient stories aired on 7News.
A special shout out to our incredible patient-family ambassador, Jacob and Riley, who fundraised and smashed their own target, raising $66,000!!!
Our heartfelt thanks to all our generous corporate partners and supporters for helping to brighten the lives of sick and injured kids during these uncertain times.