A message from the CEO of Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation21 March 2020
We are living in unprecedented times and as the COVID-19 situation continues to impact us all, I wanted to let you know that with your ongoing support, Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation will ensure that the needs of our Children’s Hospitals will continue to be met.
As you can imagine, clinicians and staff across the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network have responded magnificently, with the same calm and grace they apply in their work every day with sick children. They are able to do this because your generous donations have helped them to build the capacity and expertise they need and the research that allows them to provide evidence-based information and advice.
The Foundation’s staff are extraordinarily resilient and optimistic and I have been proud to see how my team has adapted to this crisis. Continuing to support the clinicians, sick kids and families, while supporting their own families too.
In this context, I wanted to let you know that from Monday 23 March, Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation will operate remotely.
This assists the Network to minimise the number of “non-essential” people moving around the hospitals, for the health and wellbeing of patients and clinicians. This will also protect the health and wellbeing of our people, our supporters and the broader community. We are playing our part in flattening the curve.
What does this mean for you?
- The Foundation remains open for business as usual, we are contactable via email, mobile, teleconference and video conferencing.
- All our key business services continue and all our usual governance measures remain in place.
- NSW Health continue to advise that all in-hospital events and non-essential visits need to be postponed or relocated, so our meetings with donors and clinicians will continue via telco/video conferencing, or 1:1 meetings in person as appropriate outside the hospital setting.
- Foundation events have been rescheduled in line with the Government directive on large gatherings, and we are working closely with our event Committees to confirm new dates. If you were planning on making a donation through one of these postponed events, your support is needed more than ever and I invite you to consider donating online at www.schf.org.au.
- We are in regular contact with Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and we will share NSW Health advice through our website and social media channels. You and your family can also access the expert health advice from NSW Health directly at https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au.
Contacting the Foundation
- As always, if you have a general question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about our business continuity response plan, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Philanthropy is the key to ensuring all children can access the best possible care when and where they need it, and in these unprecedented times we need the support of all our donors more than ever to ensure we can meet the Children’s Hospitals' priority needs.
Thank you again for all that you do and have done for sick kids. Together we will be able to navigate these uncharted waters safely.
My best wishes to you and your family.
Chief Executive Officer
Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation