Find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities
1. If you are a new volunteer, please register with us by signing up here
2. If you have volunteered before with the Foundation and your name is on our database, you will need to complete an Expression of Interest for each event you'd like to help with. Review the calendar of events below and click on the 'Get involved' button next to the event description to register your interest and let us know that you're available.
Supporter Services Volunteer
This role requires a commitment of at least 1 day per week for 6 months. There are roles available in both the Children's Hospital at Westmead and the Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick. The volunteer will be:
- opening and recording mail
- making outgoing phone calls to donors thanking them for their donation
- recording information in the SCHF database
- data input
- reception relief
- excellent computer skills
- excellent phone skills
- well presented
- customer service focus
- confident, bubbly personality
- working with Children's Check
This position will suit someone looking to join a vibrant and supportive team for a long term commitment. Software training will be provided.
This role will require a police check for the successful candidates.
Event: Gala Balls - future dates to be scheduled post COVID-19
Date & Shift Times: Ongoing
Location: Many different venues around Sydney
Volunteers must have:
- excellent communication skills
- confident, bubbly personality and willingness to approach guests and collect online donations
- ability to use IPADs to sell raffle tickets and for auction spotting
- good personal presentation:
- women to wear knee length cocktail dress
- men to wear black suit white shirt and black tie
Volunteers will be contacted when the event dates have been confirmed.
Event: Bandaged Bear Mascot and minders
Date & Shift Times: Ongoing
Location: Multiple Events and appearances during the year
Description: Are you interested in performing as The Bandaged Bear at various events throughout the year? He is the mascot for The Children's Hospital at Westmead and makes appearances at in-hospital events and at donor functions and community fundraising events such as City2Surf.
Requirements: In order to qualify for this position, you MUST be approximately 1.65m to 1.75m tall and between 55 and 90kgs to fit the Bandaged Bear suit correctly. You MUST also be over 18 years of age. Please do not apply unless you meet these criteria.
Profile: The Bandaged Bear lives at The Children's Hospital at Westmead. He had a minor accident when he fell out of a tree while collecting honey, but the doctors are looking after him and he is feeling much better. He comes out to visit the children in the Hospital to cheer them up. The Bandaged Bear is gentle, polite, but also a little shy. His movements are generally quite slow. He is very safety conscious and loves children.
Performing as The Bandaged Bear: The Bandaged Bear must behave appropriately at all times as he is representing The Children's Hospital at Westmead.